smallcase is on a mission to change how India & Indians invest. We build products & tools for individuals to invest better in stocks/ETFs and infrastructure for the industry to offer better investment products. Our investor community is 5,00,000+ strong & we work with the largest financial brands in India like HDFC, Kotak, Zerodha, Edelweiss, IIFL & more. We are a young, passionate 90+ member team based in Bangalore & are well-capitalized with top tier investors. Design is key to all of this. We are building something that never existed before
* Execute design projects across the entire product lifecycle through multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate
* Let customers lead the way by understanding and listening to the customers with a suite of research methods (surveys, feedback loops, user interviews etc.) to make sure we are designing for the right users and we understand their needs and problems.
* Be meticulous. Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams as you’ll interact closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our customers
* Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
* Test the flows, screen implementations, copy/content, to ensure the end customers’ experience is top-notch. We take that very seriously.
* Lead and set an example for junior designers, help them with their tasks if required to ensure they grow to become great product designers themselves.
* Has prior experience of 3+ years crafting product experiences for multiple screen sizes & platforms
* Stronghold of prototyping, Information Architecture (holistic and screen level), Competitive Analysis, A/B testing
* Has strong communication skills to make sure all stakeholders (business, product, engineering, support, marketing + growth) are on the same page and have similar expectations of the goals and results
* Experience with HTML + CSS + JSS
* Has stronghold on common User research methods, UX patterns, UI Patterns for different platforms
* Good sense of typography, font pairings, visual hierarchy, etc
* Good sense of micro-interactions & animations