As a Test Engineer, you would be responsible to prove that the products we create at smallcase including Android & iOS apps, mobile and desktop website - for different browsers and OEMs, are working as intended, and react quickly when they don’t.
* Automate test plans for a significant component, set of features, mid-size application, or service.
* Extensive experience with Appium, any language (Java is a plus).
* Use Android / IOS to build scalable automation use cases/tools.
* Able to work independently and with the team to deliver test plans and test cases successfully.
* Your work is consistent of high quality (e.g., thorough, thoughtful, data-driven) and incorporates best practices.
* You write codes/scripts and automated tests that are maintainable, API driven and reusable.
* You constructively identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that identify and mitigate risk while measuring software quality.
* You have established good working relationships with team members and peers working on related software.
* You recognise discordant views and take part in a constructive dialogue to resolve them.
* You are able to confidently train new team members about your products customers, what your software does, how it is constructed, tested, and operates and how it fits into the bigger picture.
* Participation in design and code inspections.
* API level testing.
* Ability to analyse and create automation frameworks suitable for projects
* Analyse test logs; create test reports, coordinate with stakeholders.
* Strong understanding of Android and IOS internals will be a plus
* Would have to work with the Technology team in understanding implementation methods, features, limitations, etc.
* Minimum 2-5 years of experience in SDLC ,STLC and app automation.
* Experience working in Agile Methodologies.
* Strong knowledge of SQL and other reporting tools.
* Strong experience of an automated testing tool for web and mobile and load testing tools is a strong plus.
* Strong experience in creating test automation framework from scratch
* Previous experience in small teams or startup is a strong plus.
* Should also be good in Manual Testing since automation only comes after you’re good at manual Testing.