We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. As a Senior frontend engineer at smallcase, you’ll push the boundaries of what’s possible on the web. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in design and product, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You’ll sweat the details and make things shine.
• Develop end-to-end network optimised, responsive Web Apps from the design implementations of our web platform, mobile apps, internal tools
• Build out responsive front-end for all customer touch-points
• Work with React JS/Vue. The framework should not be a limitation
• Use state management libraries like Redux/flux for better SPA experience
• Deal with data visualisation and presentation - robust graphs using D3/ChartJS/amcharts etc.
• Build reusable code and libraries for cross-project sharing
• Write clean, maintainable and documented code with solid test coverage
• Participate in the product roadmap discussions
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain/scale and improve
• 4+ years of experience
• Passionate and opinionated about beautiful design with an eye for detail
• React/Redux, Webpack, Flexbox, CSS grids, Styled components, SSR, AWS, Jenkins. Should be updated with latest front end technologies and trends
• Proficient knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues and handle graceful degradation
• Should have delivered multiple products. Interest in building things from scratch
• Proficient with build automation tools (gulp, webpack)
• Willingness and affinity to learn
• Interest (and/or experience) in the financial/stock market space - interest trumps experience!