The reason this job description was created is…
At Tickertape, our mission is to help everyone make informed financial decisions. And our goal is to help as many folks to discover their next great investment, track and manage it seamlessly. We believe that great design is the key to all this. We are looking for a lead designer to join us and craft beautiful experiences with us.
The most important ways to spend time doing this job are…
- Execute design projects across the entire product lifecycle through multiple launches. You set the vision for the UX and create the space for collaboration.
- Building, leading and mentoring talented product & brand designers, assisting them with creative inputs and ideas.
- Constantly talk to or understand customers, collect & synthesize feedback and data into meaningful practical solutions
The 2-3 most important duties of this job are…
- Communicating closely with multi-disciplinary teams like business, product, engineering, growth etc. to understand their problem statements & design beautiful, elegant but practical solutions.
- Produce multiple concepts/prototypes rapidly; knowing when to strive for pixel-perfection, and when to make low-fidelity sketches/prototypes.
- Bring learnings from ever-evolving processes, trends, and tools in the design industry and implement them to improve output quality and team efficiency
What it takes to be successful in this job (traits/characteristics)...
- Have prior experience of 4+ years leading design teams & crafting delightful product experiences for multiple screen sizes & platforms.
- Have a great hold of user research, brainstorming, prototyping, information architecture, visual & interaction design, coding, copywriting & data analysis.
- Are meticulous and autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last pixel, every step of the way.
Simplest way to know if this job is being done well…
- We raise the bar for NPS & our user retention metrics
- The users share valuable testimonials highlighting the macro & micro design decisions we took on behalf of our users.
- The entire team looks up to you to evangelise great design in all key decisions.