Tickertape is disrupting the investments sector by bringing in a fresh approach to analysis and tracking. Our mission is to bring sophisticated tools to retail users in an intuitive and approachable manner.
We’ve grown rapidly over the past 12 months. With a monthly active user base which is north of 30 lakhs and over 3 crore monthly sessions, we’ve carved a niche out in a retail investor’s tool-set. Our Android app, launched in Feb '20 has had 35 lakhs installs so far with a cumulative user rating of 4.5 .The future is extremely bright, as we look to increase and improve our offerings. There are a lot of things in the pipeline and we’re looking for folks who are industry-creators to help us build them. Altering the paradigm is what we think about every day.
What are we looking for,
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
• Monitor debugging process results
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Analyse failed test scripts and provide a solution to fix them
• Optimize test scripts to reduce run time for effective execution
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
• Strong knowledge of programming language with prior experience(preferably Java)
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
• Automation with Selenium/Appium/Rest Assured.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus